All Full and Associate Members can now easily publish their own news articles on TIMBERWeb to increase awareness of their press releases, annual reports, new products and the general well-being of their company.
By following a few short steps, Members will be able to write their own reports, edit them, and see them instantly appear on a special News from Members section. All their reports will also be automatically linked from their own Members Page.
- Login as usual
- Find your Members Page on TIMBERWeb
- Click on the brown ‘News’ button on your Members Page
- Click on the ‘Add Your News Article’ web link
- Write the news headline in next to ‘Headline’
- Write the news story in plain text where it says ‘Article’
- Write the byline (the name of the person who wrote the article)
- Click ‘Create News Article’
Writing a good news story, a few tips:
- Make sure each story has an introduction of between 15 and 30 words. The introduction should explain in a single sentence the key facts of the story. Try to give your news story a flow with the most important information at the top of the story.
For example your introduction might say:
XYZ Company has announced a 30 per cent rise in lumber production at its plant in Portland, Oregon, USA, following the introduction of new sawmilling technology.
- Check the spelling and ensure you’ve answered the 6 key questions people ask in news stories: Who? What? Why? Where? When? How?
- Put some “quotes” in your story from yourself or your CEO to keep it lively.
- Keep your news stories fairly short (suggest no more than 250 words)
- Finally, keep it simple – as TIMBERWeb is a global eMarket you will have people from all over the world reading your news.